Weekend Catch-Up

So as some of you might know, I have a very good reason for getting out of my house and traveling up to Newcastle as often as I can. And that is exactly what I did this weekend, I packed up my bag and jumped on the train to go see Elliot and the sights of Newcastle.




This weekend was a short one, so just one night out for me and Elliot, that however didn't deter me from sharing a Domino's feast at midnight. So good at any time of day.

So on the Saturday we went to what seems to be the only Mexican restaurant in Newcastle, Las Iguanas, where there is mood lighting and fitting music to get you in the mood for some spicy grub.




We started with Mexican Poppadoms with homemade salsa. So delicious.





For our mains, Elliot chose spicy chicken, peppers, onion and cheese Enchiladas whilst I went for a Chimichanga filled with roast butternut squash, spinach, cheese and chickpeas. For both of the dishes the main was placed on top of a bed of rice with a ring of re fried beans to compliment the meal. It was so tasty and so filling. Gorgeous.





After a few ill chosen cocktails we headed to Browns for a Pina Colada and Long Island Iced Tea which then lead to us returning to the Vineyard (where we had gone for Valentine's Day) for a Cosmopolitan and Duvel. To finish we headed to Florita's, where the cocktails were delicious. I went for a Twister containing my favourite, watermelon, and Elliot chose a Classic Mojito  




All in all another lovely night spent with my newly favourite person.





3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had fun, even if you didnt have a ton of time down there!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, yeah it flew by. way too short xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you. Means a lot. Will check out your blog now xx

    ReplyDelete