Irish Critters

Our second day in Dublin saw us taking a short walk from the hotel to Dublin Zoo. Somewhere I have wanted to go for years now and I think Elliot was just as excited as me. 


We entered the zoo and were greet by these lively little guys.








The zoo had so many different species from all over the world, it took us a good 3 hours to get around it all. We could get so close to the animals too, one of the penguins was literally an arms length away! We both really enjoyed walking around and taking photos, with the odd comparison to the monkeys being thrown around! 

























After the zoo we were feeling really peckish. So we headed in to the city centre and got sat down in the Trinity Bar for some food. Then it was time for some serious business... 




Queen of Tarts was one of the places I was really excited to visit. Having been recommended it from my Auntie and Trip Advisor, there was no way I was leaving Dublin without visiting this sweet treat.
 Queen of Tarts is a tiny, quaint cake shop that's painted the brightest red from the outside. It's so cute inside with a lovely kitsch feel to it. We sat down and made the hard decision to order, it was really hard to choose just one of these cakes. 







Elliot went for the Chocolate Fudge Cake, which by the way, was the best chocolate cake ever! It was served warm with cream and literally melted in your mouth. 




I went for the blackberry and apple crumble. Never have I ever had such a good crumble! The blackberry was tangy, the apples were soft and spiced with cinnamon and the crumble was so crunchy and tasty. All served with thick whipped cream, this will be hard to beat.




For our last night in Dublin, we headed in to Temple Bar and went for an Indian at Monty's of Kathmandu. Unfortunately, I was too busy enjoying the food and forgot to get my camera out. I can assure you it was lovely though. 


When we got home, we had another taste of heaven to enjoy. When we had visited Queen of Tarts earlier, we got 2 cakes to go for our hotel. I know, so naughty! But when in Rome Dublin...

Victoria Sponge cake 


Bailey's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake We had such a lovely time in this Irish city and it's safe to say our first experience of Ireland was an amazing one. I hope Elliot had a lovely time because I certainly did.






4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! x

    http://celineavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Queen of tarts .... and I live in Dublin!! Ha ha! I must go there, it looks so nice! I hope you had a lovely time xx

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must've had a wonderful day at the zoo, the animals looks beautiful! love the sweet treats at the end of the post!

    multitaskingdamsel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to the zoo! Great pictures

    Would appreciate if you checked out my blog :)
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete