MAC Mineralise Foundation Review




The other night I visited my friend Rachel's house, which always involves some pretty tasty food, a lot of chatting and, in this case, an unexpected little gift for me.

Rachel loves MAC, she's a self confessed MACaholic and I think for as long as I've known her she's always adored their lippies and foundations. But for some reason, her latest purchase wasn't sitting well with her. The MAC Mineralise Foundation, she told me, made her skin look shiny and over caked. So she gladly handed it over to me to have a try. Which was always going to go down well.

The next day, instead of picking up my L'Oreal CC Cream I opted for the MAC. I immediately noticed a difference in how heavy this was compared to my CC Cream. But that was always going to happen wasn't it; with the cc cream being moisturiser based n'all. 

It was the perfect colour for my skin, I've not been wearing as much fake tan recently so this is quite a pale shade compared to what I've used before. It covered all of my blemishes and I didn't need to use any concealer because the MAC foundation hid it all for me. 

Once powder was on it looked great, with a lot more coverage than usual. However, maybe it's just my preference, but it's too heavy for me to wear every day. Sorry MAC, but I think you are far too fancy for daily use and you will be put aside for those evenings when I want a little more glam. 

Does anybody else find this with MAC Foundations?



2 comments:

  1. I've never tried a MAC foundation before as I have always heard that they are a bit heavy although the colour selection is great, fab review!

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been put off by Mac foundations, for no reason at all really. Think I might try this though as an alternative to Estee Lauder Double Wear! Lovely photos :)

    Becki x
    www.littlecrush.co

    ReplyDelete