Green Smoothie #1



I recently bought myself a Blend Active and I think it might just be the best thing I have bought this year! With over 1000 reviews on Amazon stating how much everyone loves their new blender, I couldn’t resist and I will never look back.
 The Blend Active consists of a compact (for a blender anyway) blender base with not 1 but 2 takeaway bottles that you simply screw the blender blade onto, blitz, screw off, twist your lid on and you’re on your way! They blend everything including ice and every time I have used this, I’m always left with a really smooth, great tasting smoothie for my Breakfast. 
I’ve really enjoyed getting into my Green Smoothies recently, they provide you with so many benefits from your skin to your energy levels so it’s really transformed my day swapping my usual breakfast for one of these vitamin/nutrient packed smoothies. 
After a bit of research and scrolling through endless recipes I finally landed on SimpleGreenSmoothies.com. If you sign up with them they send you a starter guide for your green smoothies and they post fresh, interesting and seasonal recipes regularly; so your green smoothie will never be boring. 
So here is my first Green Smoothie recipe for you to try with a little info on what each ingredient can do for you. 


Spinach – A great source for vitamins, filled with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thaimin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6 as well as Iron, Magnesium and Calcium, Spinach is a great all-rounder for skin clearing as well as aiding digestion.
Romaine – This type of lettuce is packed with vitamin, minerals, phytonutrients and fibre that can help keep illness at bay throughout the year. An excellent source of Vitamin A and Vitamin K makes your smoothie super heart healthy. 
Grapes – High in water content and antioxidants, Grapes provide numerous benefits from eye health to clearing skin whilst remaining low in calories.
Bananas – Low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium, Bananas are not only tasty but are a great source of dietary fibre, vitamin C, potassium and Manganese. Although Bananas contain a bit of sugar, this doesn’t mean you should avoid them, use them in smoothies that are meal replacements and you’ll find it easier not to go over your recommended daily sugar allowance. 
Raspberries – One of the best benefits of raspberries is that they can increase your metabolism in fat cells through their phytonutrients especially in Rheosmin (aka raspberry ketone). These little berries are also packed full of antioxidants, so these don’t just add great flavour to your smoothie. 
Water – We all know that water is just THE best thing out there when you’re trying to get healthy. The reason I choose water in my green smoothies is for the endless amounts of goodness that it provides. From skin to energy levels, water is key to keeping hydrated and to aiding weight loss. 

1 cup spinach
1 cup romaine lettuce
1 cup grapes 
1 medium ripe banana
1 cup raspberries
Add water to your preferred smoothie thickness


2 comments:

  1. LOVVEE smoothies!! Bananas always make them 100x better xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do don't they. Just got to watch that sugar count xx

      Delete