My Make Up Brushes : Beauty

My favourite make up brushes blog post from Beka's Beauty. British Beauty Blog


I like things simple when it comes to make up brushes. I have 6 in total in which I only really use 4 on a regular basis so I thought I'd just introduce you to the brushes that I would never let leave my side and the ones I save for certain occasions. 

 5 out of 6 of my brushes are from Real Techniques and anybody that has ever used one will know that once you go RT you don't go back. So I'll just run through each brush and let you know how I use each. 

(top left) - The Real Techniques Sculpting Brush 
 I think this brush is meant to be used for contouring, but I use it for my blush. It's the perfect size for the amount I like to put on and the oval shape with the gradient bristles make it perfect for blending and avoiding that streaky look. 


(top right) - The Real Techniques Bold Metals 101 Triangle Foundation Brush 
 So this has to be my least favourite brush from my collection. I want to love it, its so beautiful with its gold wand but it just doesn't deliver the results I get from my other brushes. It's meant to be a foundation brush but I just don't get a blended finish with this at all. I also find the bristles on this brush to be a lot harder than other RT brushes I have so I find it so hard to work with. 

(middle left) - The Real Techniques Powder Brush 
 Love this brush. I moved on from my usual Kabuki brush to this brush at the start of the year and I'm so glad I did. For one, I really love the feel of the longer handle on this, all of the kabuki brushes I have had all featured really stumpy handles but I feel this RT brush gives you a bit more control over the pressure and coverage you can get with your powder. Also, the bristles are so soft on this brush, which really work for blending and keeping your powder even. I use this brush for both my powder and bronzer as I wear fake tan and they just get blended together anyway. 

(bottom right) - The Real Techniques Bold Metals 301 Flat Contour Brush
 This is the other brush I don't use all of the time and that's mainly because I just don't contour every day. I use this brush when I'm going for a more glam look, so I take my shimmery bronzer and apply it under my cheekbones in a half attempt to contour my face. I'm so lazy with that kind of thing, but it works enough for me. I like this brush because it's quite dense, so it picks up the bronzer really easily and because of the flat design you don't get sneaky amounts of bronzer on the edges that you don't want. 

(bottom left) - The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush 
 By far my favourite make up brush of all time! This is the second one I've had of this brush because I used my old one so much. I use this brush for my foundation everyday because it blends perfectly! I use the Bareminerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream and the soft bristles on this brush move it across my face effortlessly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment