Definitely Not Glamping

This weekend I jumped at the opportunity to get away from Cheshire and get in some boyfriend time with Elliot. The weather was gorgeous and it called for 2 things.

The beach & camping. 

We've been wanting to go camping for ages now and because the weather was so gorgeous we packed up our tent, bedding and cooler full of tasty food & drink and headed over the Whitby.








After saying our farewells to Tigger we set off, roof down and cold drinks in hand. Whitby has got to be one of the most gorgeous places I've ever been. Field after field and after a while, the ocean shows up. Loads of campsites, littles B&B's and shops make this town gorgeous to grace upon. 




Elliot took on the task of assembling the tent. Didn't take long before he was asking for the instructions. 




These Rekorderlig ciders were amazing! What a discovery!

I had been hankering to do this little snack for a while now. Camembert cheese wrapped in foil and left on a bbq for 10 minutes. What you're left with is a gooey, gorgeous mess that you dip bread into and enjoy. Lush.








After a lie down and some cloud spotting we headed to the beach. I had to get my feet wet and afterwards we played a very heated game with some overly sized tennis rackets and ball. The best fiver Elliot's spent, apparently :p







We then headed up to Whitby Abbey, where we got to see some gorgeous ruins over the setting sun. 












Then this little guy turned up. He may look evil...




But he was soon lapping up the cuddles :) 

We then headed over to the heart of Whitby and scoured the place for food. We settled at this little Italian, Cosa Nostra (one of two restaurants in the entire area that wasn't a fish & chip shop) 






We both had the soup of the day to start, Leek & Potato. It was so yummy, honestly it's the best soup I've had in years. 




We then both decided on pizza, me opting for the ever simple but always tasty Margarita, while Elliot settled for a goats cheese pizza with spinach, red onion and chicken. 






After possibly the worst sleep on my life we headed to Robin Hood's Bay for some breakfast. Walking through the little alleyways, it felt like I was in a small, quaint French village with the unique shops and beautiful gardening the residents had done. 

Look at how amazing the view is. 









We then went for food at a place called Candie's with a spectacular view and even better food. Elliot had a bacon and egg sandwich with me opting for scrambled egg (the best I've ever had bar my own)







It was then time to head home, roof down the entire way. 

Thanks again for an amazing weekend Elliot. 






7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Beks your trip looks amaze!!! The views are fab, the foods sound so nice too, making my belly rumble just looking at it :)

    My fave cider is Rekorderlig, they do a mango & raspberry flavour (which I cant find in any shops just in the pub up the road!) it's de-lish.

    I need a beach now! Going to have to settle for the M6 instead, booooo.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just tried the peach one this weekend. I'm in love with them all now.

      So tasty x

      Delete
  2. That sounds like the most fun ever! I really want to try that camembert on the BBQ trick - and you've really made me want some fruity cider!

    Eve xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cheese is amazing, please try it and let me know how you get on. Yeah those ciders are fab too. Love them x

      Delete
  3. haha that cow looks very unsure of elliot! xx

    ReplyDelete