Lush Hair Extensions - Mini Tutorial

As you'll have seen, I recently had a hair switch up and I'm now rocking a brunette head of hair. So that means new extensions, which is always an exciting time for me. 

I have always had a go-to site to get amazing hair from and that's Lush Hair Extensions. Providing clip in hair extensions at different lengths and all sorts of shades, it really is the first place I'd go if you're looking for some extra length. 

I got the Medium Brown #6 in 15", this is a great length if you have medium hair and want to get a natural looking longer length. I also decided to treat myself and go for the Deluxe Double sets that Lush Hair Extensions offer, which provide you with a slightly thicker weft that the normal sets, but from experience, the normal sets give you just the right amount of hair if you're new to this. 




I thought I'd give you a little tutorial on how I put my hair extensions in as my friends always ask me how to put them in (I think their feeling a bit hair curious after seeing my new locks). Here are the tools you'll need to grab before you start.




Step 1. Depending on how you're having your hair, whether it be straight, wavy or curly, I would recommend styling your own hair first and prepping your hair extensions so that they are brushed, straightened/curled/waved and lay down flat on a surface ready for you to pick up when ready. I opted for straight hair to show you how easy it is to blend this hair into my own.

Step 2. Lift your hair up from the bottom of your head at the back and run a comb an inch from where your hair starts to leave a straight section of hair down. Clip the rest of your hair up and back comb at the outer edges and middle of your hair to coincide where the extensions clips are.  Grab your 3 clip extension and use your backcombed hair as an anchor to keep them in place.






Step 3. Take out the clip, holding your hair up still and take down another section of hair with your comb. Clip your hair back up and back comb the outer edges and 2 middle sections to match the 4 clip hair weft. Repeat with the 3 clip weft and then the 2 on top. 



Step 4. Now for the side pieces. Take one side of your hair up, leaving a section just behind your ear and clipping the rest up. Backcomb in one place and apply the 1 clip weft nice and snug behind your ear. Then take another section down and backcomb in 2 places to match the 2 clip weft and add this just above your ear. Then repeat on the other side.





Step 5. Let all your hair down and style any extra pieces that may have kinked whilst clipping. Then you're done.





I hope this helped any hair extension newbies out there :)

Let me know if you have any good hair extension tips we could try




2 comments:

  1. These look absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for the tutorial.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been researching the Lush colours, trying to choose a shade, but seeing the 'before and after' pics on blogs, the colours are different to what is advertised. I think these #6's, that you said you have, look more like the 8#. I know the colours vary on monitors, but 6 looks more like a dark chocolate on the sample page and your look more caramel brown. Can you confirm they are definitely #6s please?! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete