Weekend Birthday Bash

So last week I turned 21 and it's taken me a little bit longer than I first thought to get back into the swing of things, blog writing included. 

So here is what I got up to from Thursday in Chester to Liverpool cocktails & shopping with Elliot on Friday/Saturday.

My actual birthday was on the Thursday and as exciting as it is to turn 21 I am not a crazy party animal, so my plans were kept pretty simple.

I spent the morning with my Mum, had a lovely breakfast (which I cooked, the cheek) followed by present opening and a rather generous duo of bouquets.














In the evening it was family time, with my closest family members gathering in Chester for drinks overlooking Chester racecourse followed by a gorgeous dinner at Italian restaurant, Piccolino.















Lots of wine accompanied by tasty food and family chat made the night a success. Obviously finished off by chocolate birthday cake :) 

On the Friday, my head didn't need much recovery time (thank god). So heading to Liverpool that evening was a rather exciting expedition. With my two best friends, Sophie & Rachel, on hand to ensure that the night was filled with cocktails, a lot of giggling and beautiful Mexican food courtesy of Las Iguanas. The present they got me was so so so gorgeous. A cream Cambridge Satchel that I now adore - I spent some good hours staring at this once it was home with me.















We then headed to our regular cocktail stop off, Palm Sugar, for an array of fruity cocktails and live music. Once Elliot had arrived the real drinking commenced, with him asking the birthday girl to order 5 drinks for us to share. I'm not even the slightest bit sorry for my choices, a fruity range of a Stam Smile, Sex & the Fizzy, Cosmopolitan, Flaming Zombie and a French Martini. Elliot wasn't impressed by the girly cocktails but that didn't stop him sipping up the loveliness.











Me & Elliot then took a walk along the docks towards our hotel room for the night. The babe. 




The following day we spent our time shopping and messing around in the various shops in Liverpool 1. Elliot even managed to find a replacement girlfriend for himself as we went around :p





After a day of shopping, Liverpool got summed up with a gorgeous lunch at our new favourite, Gourmet Burger Kitchen. One of the lesser known chain restaurants to us both, I would simply put this as one of the best places to go with friends or a date if you love great food, burgers and a retro dining experience. 

I got the GBK Veggie Burger whilst Elliot opted for a Lamb Burger, both with a side of Sweet Potato Fries. It was amazing. I'll be going again, soon I hope...Elliot?






My birthday weekend was somewhat of a relaxed one, filled with laughs, great company and amazing food. 

Perfect



20 comments:

  1. Happy birthday lovely! It looks like you had a fantastic time, and your presents are gorgeous - SO jealous of the satchel! I really enjoyed reading this, love all the photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. I'll show off the satchel in another post soon xxx

      Delete
  2. Ahh I hope you had a lovely birthday Beka - all the photos look fabulous! I'm ridiculously jealous of you getting a satchel!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be doing a post on that beauty soon. It needs showing off x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday!

    http://fashionbeauty96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you. thanks for checking it out x

      Delete
  4. Looks like an amazing birthday! All the food looks delicious; this made me so hungry! xx Rena
    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like an amazing way to celebrate your birthday! Fun and relaxation!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a lovely birthday! I'm very hungry now... x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha It makes me hungry looking at them too x

      Delete
  7. Thx for sharing your birthday pictures; they are beautiful! ;)....I bet the Italian food was delicious...I liked your pictures with your girlfriends too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I had a really nice time :)

      Delete
  8. Super ce post, tu fais de magnifiques grimasses et surtout tu as un adorable sourire avec tes "dents" oranges. :)
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, merci. Je pourrais essayer d'utiliser oranges en images plus souvent :P x

      Delete