Birthday Celebrations

My two best friends turned 22 in the last week and celebrations were in order!

First off it was Sophie's turn! Taking a long awaited trip to Liverpool for lots of drinks, some very weird dancing and some even wierder people.

For my make up I used my Naked Basics palette teamed with Katy Perry Lashes in Cool Kitty and my favourite MAC lipstick, RiRi Woo to finish. My dress was one that I'd had my eye on for ages and after a dress disaster the night before I quickly took advantage of ASOS' next day delivery and ordered this Love Swing Dress with Lace Insert (now on sale, always the way). 



To get my hair big and bouncy, I used my Sleep In Rollers and left them in for a few hours, applying some heat from my hair dryer just before removing them. 




Then we were off out! We started at Modu, where we were lead to our table filled with these cute white champagne glasses. Unfortunately these glasses weren't created for the lipstick wearers of the world. 




We had a dance and moved off to Baa Bar for some of their infamous shots, we opted for Monkey Brain which looked disgusting but tasted delicious. 







Our last stop was at Krazy House, there are some strange characters in there for sure. A lot of fancy dress parties must end up here at the end of the night so we looked a little out of place. Maybe we were the 'krazy' ones. 



Next it was Rachel's turn, opting for some good food at Gusto in Knutsford. This place is great for all sorts of affairs, a girly night, a date or as we witnessed, a meal for one after a long day of work. 

We started with what can only be described as garlic petals from heaven. Accompanied with a beautiful, melt in your mouth garlic butter, you simple pick and dip at these crispy and flavorsome petals. 



For mains I had Tagliatelle Arrabbiata with tomato chilli, mozzerella and basil with a side of courgette fries. If you've never had these before, then I can't recommend them enough. They're extremely moreish. 




Rachel and her sister Katie ordered two dishes to share, the Spaghetti Carbonara and a lovely pizza covered in mozzerella and chicken. 




Sophie (the carnivore) went for Hand Rolled Italian Meatballs with tomato sauce and spaghetti. 



I love pudding, no matter how much I've eaten, there will always be some room for something sweet. So Rachel had the amazing Bombolina, little deep fried donut balls with vanilla cream and a chocolate dip. Sophie had the Lemon Sorbet and I wanted something simple, so chose to just have a bowl of vanilla ice cream to end the meal. 






Btw, mocktails at this place are pretty substantial too. Some of us have work in the morning :P The Black Grape Sling and the Watermelon & Mint Sling went down a treat.






Love these girls, I hope they had amazing birthdays! *starts singing Swifty's 22*





1 comment:

  1. That lipstick looks so good on you!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete