L'Oreal Color Riche Doutzen Lipstick Review



Before pay day even lands in my bank, I'm guilty of already spending my hard earned cash in my head. I'm constantly thinking about little trinkets I want for my room and ALWAYS obsessed with getting involved in some new beauty products. 

So when the end of the month finally came around, I headed to Boots to not only top up on some of my staples that were running out, but to maybe take advantage of the 3 for 2 offers they have going on. Which lead to me finding a pretty gorgeous little lipstick in the L'Oreal section.




The Doezten's Nude lipstick is so different to how I thought it would be. Here's me thinking it would be a creamy, light pink shade. It actually goes on very sheer and has a lovely shimmer to it. 





Truthfully, at first I hated this. I just thought it was really disappointing and I was glad I'd got it on a 3 for 2 offer. But, after I'd tried it a few times and took photos for the blog, it grew on me. It's subtle but really pretty, quite a nice change to the thick, creamy lipsticks I usually get. 

I would definitely recommend this if you're looking to add something to your daytime beauty regime. If it's good enough for a Victoria's Secret angel, then I'm game!

9 comments:

  1. What a stunning shade, must go get myself this :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice isn't it. I'm tempted to go back and have a look at the rest of the collection

      xx

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous :) really understated. I don't normally like lipsticks with a frost finish but this looks pretty
    Bea x
    As Seen By Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understated is exactly right for this. It's great for if you want more of the party on your eyes than lips. Think I'm growing on the frost finish xx

      Delete
  3. That really suits you! I need to swatch these in store really as I'm very pale and Doutzen is lovely and sunkissed so not sure it would suit me. X

    creamteandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma. Yeah I need to take note and do that too. Glad this one ended up looking ok though. It's quite pale and frosty so it could suit you xx

      Delete
  4. I really like it, although I am a fan of a bold lippy this one looks super lovely with your skintone :) x

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty & Lifestlye Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie-Lee, it's nice isn't it. I know, I'll always be a bold lippy lover xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a pretty pink and it looks really good on you. Doutzen is so beautiful definite girl crush x

    ReplyDelete